Position Open – Mortgage Underwriter
|Job Type||Full Time – Employee|
|Years of Experience||5+ to 7 Years|
|Educational Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
About the Job
To apply, Please fill in the form at the right or E-mail us at: Jgillis@YourLendingSolution.com.
We are seeking a highly qualified Underwriter with excellent organizational skills. Underwriters are responsible for managing the loans through final credit approval including working with processors and housing analysts. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of residential lending programs and practices with the proven ability to partner with sales and processing to move loans quickly and efficiently through the pipeline. The individual will be expected to provide superior client service to achieve financial objectives. The successful candidate must also be highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial, organized and passionate about growing a business in a team environment.
About the Company
Finance of American Mortgage combines the very best technology, consumer experience, data analysis, and platforms to provide real estate transactions that are fast, flexible, and competitively priced.
- Underwrite mortgage loans in compliance with company credit guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Review loan files for completeness, identify missing documentation and generate condition lists for the applicants.
- Collaborate with loan processor and sales per and to complete the credit analysis in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the correct data is entered into the loan origination system.
- Responsible for reviewing all loan file detail prior to submission to closing manager.
- Work with loan processors and closers to ensure a smooth hand-off of the files occurs.
- Manage constant deal flow and prioritize to ensure loans close on time with a high decree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity occurring with any stakeholder and escalate issues to the appropriate management when necessary.
- Keep abreast of all company policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulatory changes by participating in in-house training events.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5-7 years residential mortgage lending experience with good knowledge of lending regulations and credit/collateral analysis practices.
Skills/Ability: Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast paced and constantly changing business environment; PC proficient at the intermediate level; comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.